PCE BTM 2000 Belt Tension Force Meter (Discontinued)
IMPORTANT: This item has been discontinued and replaced with the PCE-BTM 2000A. It has the same features & functions, the outer shell just looks different.
- Memory for 750 measured values
- Graphic display
- Easy operation
- Multilingual menu
- Measurement in Hz and N
The PCE BTM 2000 Belt Tension Force Meter is an optically measuring maintenance tool for determining the belt tension force. It consists of a display device and a sensor head attached on a semi-flexible gooseneck. The advantage of the gooseneck is that the sensor head can be flexibly positioned. Due to the mobility of the gooseneck, the sensor can measure the strand force even in hard to reach places. The belt tension measuring device measures the belt tension (in Newton) and the belt frequency (in Hz) of the belt in the stationary state.
A small impulse on the belt is sufficient to set the belt vibrating. The devise measures with the sensor the natural frequency of the belt generated in this way and visualizes it on the display. The meter can directly determine the actual tension (in Newton / Pound Force) of the belt from the belt frequency combined with the optionally entered belt length and belt mass. However, entering this data is not necessarily required in order to carry out the measurements directly with the belt tension measuring device. The measurement units in the device can be switched between N (SI unit) and pound force (US unit).
The reading is always shown as the belt frequency in Hz on the display of the belt tension measuring device. The intuitive graphic menu is visualized on the high-contrast display of the belt tension measuring device in six different languages. Up to 750 data records can be stored in the memory of the belt tension measuring device. The belt tension measuring device is delivered completely ready for use. The scope of delivery includes the handheld device, the standard sensor with gooseneck, a magnetic holder, batteries and operating manual. To increase the flexibility during the measurement, the following items are optionally available to the belt tension meter: an external sensor head with a spiral cable, a device hard case, a frequency mallet and a tripod.
- Measurement of the oscillation frequency of the drive belt
- Intuitive controls
- Calculation of the tension force
- Display of the belt tension in N
- 6 menu languages
- Memory for 750 measured values
- Sensor on gooseneck
- Input of belt length and belt mass
- Measuring range: 10 - 900 Hz
- Accuracy ± (1% of rdg. + 4 digits)
- Repeatability accuracy: ± 1 Hz
- <100 Hz: 0.1 Hz
- >100 Hz: 1 Hz
- Belt length: max. 9,999 m
- Belt mass: max. 9,999 kg/m
- 750 measured values
- 15 sets of 50 measuring points
- Menu languages: German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch
- Power supply: 3 x 1.5 V AAA batteries
- Operating conditions: 0 - 50 °C / 32 - 122 °F; max. 95 % R.H.
- Storage conditions: -20 - 65 °C / -4 - 149 °C; max. 95 % R.H.
- Dimensions: 150 x 80 x 38 mm / 5.9 x 3.1 x 1.4"
- Weight: ca. 200 g / 7 oz incl. batteries
- 1 x Belt Tension Meter PCE-BTM 2000
- 1 x Standard sensor head
- 1 x Magnetic holder
- 3 x 1.5 V AAA battery
- 1 x Operating instructions
- 1 x Carrying bag
Item Location & Shipping
-Ships from the USA.
-Most orders processed within 24 hours.
-Average transit time is 3 business days.
-We ship with either USPS, UPS or FedEx.
-Want to double check? Just ask! Contact us here.