PCE CSM 2 Color Meter
- Color meter for quality control
- Digital software included
- Li-ion battery
- Black-and-white contrast calibratable
- Measuring modes for various parameters
- Color analysis of black, white, red, green, yellow and blue.
The PCE CSM 2 Color Meter proves to be a true multitasking device. It's designed to measure the color spectrum of various objects. Light consists of a broad spectrum of colors which are not always purely white, black or blue. A light-source illuminates an object, which then absorbs part of that light and reflects another one. That reflected light can be then detected by a sensor in order to determine the reflected wavelengths and thus calculate its color. Colorimeters are often applied in areas of quality control in industrial sectors. Colorimeter of the PCE-CSM series are applied especially in industries where the characteristics of colors play a big role.
Whether it is dental technology, painting industries or for the production of plastic bags, the color meter PCE-CSM 2 is an ideal product for quality management and thus assures highest reliability, whenever it is important to assure a certain standard in optic quality. The colorimeter supports an ergonomic design and features a user-friendly menu navigation. It has a measuring aperture of 8 mm. The supported color spaces are CIEL*a*b*C*h, CIEL a*b*, and CIEXYZ.
This colorimeter is great for professional industries. Another advantage is that it supports a vertical justification. This means that the whole device does not need to be placed on the object to analyze it, but only the part with the sensor in it. The industrial perspective of it is that this method allows the measuring of damp objects, textiles and even food. The device is ideally suited for measurements of meat, bananas or tomatoes. Due to the software "CQCS3" that is included in the delivery, the measured data can be read out on a computer or laptop for a digital overview.
The L*a*b color space: You can see the color space L*a*b. This color space covers all colors that are visible with the naked eye. L=100 stands for white and L=0 for black. "a+" and "a-" or "b+" and "b-" stands for the color contrasts red, green, yellow and blue.
The menu of the Colorimeter contains all characteristics and settings that can be performed. There are basic settings like time, language, date, but also settings about the recording and the color spaces that shall be displayed by the device.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Autom. calibration of black-and-white contrast
- Continuous performance
- Designed for food industry
- Measures various colors
- Application on different surfaces
- Simplified user-interface
- Software included
- Measuring apertures: Ø 8 mm (PCE-CSM 2)
- Sensor: Silicium-photodiode
- Color spaces:
- CIEL a* b*
- Formula for indifference in color:
- Light source: D65
- Type of light source: LED
- Data memory: 100 standards, 20,000 samples
- Errors between each colorimeter: ≤0.80ΔE*ab
- Standard deviation within ΔE*ab 0.08
- Average of 30 measurements of standard white plate
- Weight: 500 g / 17.6 oz
- Dimensions: 205 x 67 x 80 mm / 8.07 x 2.6 x 3.14 in
- Power Supply: Rechargeable lithium-ion-batteries. 3.7V at 3200-mAh.
- Charging time: 8 hours
- Battery operation time: Approx. 5000 measurements
- Lifetime of lamp: 5 years, more than 1.6 million measurements
- Temperature range: 0 ... 40°C / 32 ... 104°F
- Relative humidity: 0 ... 85%, non-condensing
- 1 x Colorimeter PCE-CSM 2
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Battery
- 1 x AC power adapter
- 1 x Wrist band
- 1 x Standard calibration plate white
- 1 x Computer software
- 1 x Instruction manual
- 1 x Soft carry case
Item Location & Shipping
-Ships from the USA.
-Most orders processed within 24 hours.
-Average transit time is 3 business days.
-We ship with either USPS, UPS or FedEx.
-Want to double check? Just ask! Contact us here.