5 Features to Look For in a Good Dial Indicator Holder
There are a lot of different variations of Dial Indicator Holders with a wide variety of features. When searching for the perfect one, you may be overwhelmed by the options. This blog post is to inform you about which features that you should be looking out for when searching for a quality dial indicator holder.
- Ease of Use: A single handle is more user-friendly than multiple knobs that have to be repeatedly tightened or loosened.
- Good Materials: A quality dial indicator holder will be made of a metal that is both rigid and lightweight.
- Base Options: Many indicator holders only come with a standard magnetic base. Others, however, will come with magnets with on/off options, or threaded, granite, or pot magnets. You want to make sure you can get the one that fits the job.
- Indicator Adjustment: The indicator adjustment is the point at which the dial indicator is attached. A sign of a quality dial indicator holder is the ability to attach different types of indicators. See our collection of Fisso Adjustments for examples.
- Meets Job Requirements: Some ultra-rigid indicator holders are more pricey, but can hold indicators that make measurements in microns. There are also less expensive and more basic indicator holders that are for nearly everything else. Make sure to get an indicator holder that is suited to the job!