PCE CSM 4 Food Color Meter
- Color Meter for quality control in the food industry
- Digital software included
- Li-ion battery
- Black-and-white contrast calibratable
- Measuring modes for various parameters
- Color analysis of black, white, red, green, yellow and blue
The PCE CSM 4 Food Color Meter is a multi-functional device. It's designed to measure the color spectrum of various objects. While this model is used mostly my the food industry, i can be used in other industries as well. Light consists of a broad spectrum of colors which are not always purely white, black or blue. A light-source illuminates an object, which then absorbs part of that light and reflects another one. That reflected light can be then detected by a sensor in order to determine the reflected wavelengths and thus calculate its color. Colorimeters are often applied in areas of quality control in industrial sectors. Color meters of the PCE-CSM series are applied especially in industries where the characteristics of colors play a big role.
Whether it is dental technology, painting industries or for the production of plastic bags, the color PCE-CSM 4 is an ideal product for quality management and thus assures highest reliability, whenever it is important to assure a certain standard in optic quality. The Color Meter supports an ergonomic design and features a user-friendly menu navigation. The device has a large measuring aperture of 20 mm. Due to this alternation the devices are ideal for individualized applications in various divisions. The supported color spaces of the are CIEL*a*b*C*h, CIEL a*b* and CIEXYZ. Thus this colorimeter is great for application in professional industries. Another advantage of the Color Meter of the PCE-CSM series is that it supports a vertical justification.
This means that the whole device does not need to be placed on the object to analyze, but only the part with the sensor in it. The industrial perspective of it is that this method allows the measuring of damp objects, textiles and even food. The the device is ideal for measurements of e.g. meat, bananas or tomatoes. Thanks to the software "CQCS3" that is included in the delivery, the measured data can be read out on a computer or laptop for a digital overview.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Autom. calibration of black-and-white contrast
- Continuous performance
- Designed for food industry
- Measures various colors
- Application on different surfaces
- Simplified user-interface
- Software included in delivery
- Measuring Geometry: 45°/0°
- Measuring apertures: Ø20 mm (PCE-CSM 4)
- Sensor: Silicium-photodiode
- Color spaces:
- CIEL a* b*
- Formula for indifference in color
- Light source: D65
- Type of light source: LED
- Data memory: 100 standards, 20000 samples
- Aberrance in-between the utilities: ≤0.50 ΔE*ab
- Standard deviation within ΔE*ab 0.08
- Average of 30 measurements of standard white plate
- Weight: 500 g / 17.6 oz
- Dimensions: 205 x 67 x 80 mm / 8.07 x 2.6 x 3.14 in
- Power Supply: rechargeable lithium-ion-batteries. 3.7 V at 3200 mAh
- Charging time: 8 hours
- Battery operation time: approx. 5000 measurements
- Lifetime of lamp: 5 years, more than 1.6 million measurements
- Temperature range: 0 ... +40 °C / 32 ... +104 °F
- Relative humidity: 0 ... 85 %, non-condensing
- 1 x Colorimeter PCE-CSM 4
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x battery
- 1 x AC Mains adapter
- 1 x Wrist band
- 1 x Standard calibration plate white
- 1 x Computer software
- 1 x Instruction manual
- 1 x Soft carry case
Item Location & Shipping
-Ships from the USA.
-Most orders processed within 24 hours.
-Average transit time is 3 business days.
-We ship with either USPS, UPS or FedEx.
-Want to double check? Just ask! Contact us here.