How to Assemble & Install a Simalube Bearing Lubricator
Bearings need lubricators to provide a thin film between the contact areas to reduce heat, friction, and corrosion. Simalube is special because it offers refillable bearing lubricators with multiple different types of greases and oils for a range of practical purposes. This blog post is going to show you the correct way to assemble, install, and refill your Simalube bearing lubricator.
(Above: the picture version of the same instructions seen below)
Simalube Assembly and Installation:
- Open the lubricator outlet by removing plug. Do not remove plug from oil filled units! Cut off the protruding nipple with a knife, a small black point should become visible.
- To start the Simalube lubricator, set the gas generator to the required dispensing time (stepless in months 1-12) using a 3mm. allen key. The lubricator is activated once the dispensing time has been set.
- Note the starting date on the label using a waterproof pen.
- Clear grease lines and fill them with the appropriate grease. Screw simalube onto the greasing point. Apply safety rules.
- Once the set dispensing time has expired, replace empty lubricator with the same type or refill. Before restarting, clear grease lines and fill them with the appropriate grease.
- The gas generator is sufficient to empty the unit once, irrespective of the dispensing time set.
Security note: If the lubricator is started without opening the outlet or in case-of blocked grease lines within the installation, the pressure in the lubricator can build up approx. 5 bar. At an overpressure of approx. 6 bar the lubricator breaks at the defined breaking point between housing and bottom. The pressure behind the piston releases and oil or grease can come out at the breaking point.
Warning: For applications in explosive gas or dust atmospheres, precautions shall be taken to minimize the risk from electrostatic discharge or propagating brush discharges at the product surface. Cleaning of the surface should be done with a damp cloth.